Did you know there are a ton of delicious low calorie foods that you can enjoy in your diet right now? Today I would like to share with you five of my favourite low calorie and delicious foods!
- Strawberries – Top of my list are these delicious little red berries. Sweet, tasty and full of Vitamin C, they are also very low in calories. A whole punnet (250g) is a mere 80 calories, with 2 grams of protein, 19 grams of carbohydrates, 2g of fibre and virtually fat free. I enjoy them chopped up with some Chobani yoghurt, sliced on top of oats or protein pancakes or dipped in chocolate protein powder.
- Chobani 0% yoghurt – creamy and thick, I adore Chobani plain yoghurt. For a 170g tub, it’s a mere 97 calories with a whopping 16 g serve of protein and only 7 g of carbohydrates and 0 fat. I have Chobani with everything – it’s great for stirring into curries, having with fruit and a squeeze of sugar free maple syrup, mixed with a scoop of protein powder or as a substitute for milk with cereal.
- Cherries – another delicious red fruit, normally you can only buy them around Christmas time in Australia. 100g of cherries yields only 64 calories with 1g protein, 0 fat, 16g carbohydrates and 2g of fibre. When I eat cherries, I feel like I’m eating something decadent and naughty, they just taste too good.
- Fat free bacon – who knew that bacon would be on the list? Hans make a 98% fat free bacon for Weight Watchers, which is only 100 calories for 100grams. It packs a whopping 19g protein, 1g of fat and 1g of carbs. It tastes delicious and you can use it in all your normal bacon dishes such as bacon and egg rolls, pasta dishes etc
- Rice cakes – versatile rice cakes come in at around 92 calories for 4 cakes. Four rice cakes has 18g of carbohydrates, 0 fat and 0 protein and 3g of fibre. Top with low calorie toppings, such as flavoured tuna, cucumber and tomato, and you have a light lunch that won’t blow the diet.
What low calorie foods are your go-tos?
PS – want free stuff? My free 14 day challenge Thrive! is again open and you can now start it anytime you like. Drop a dress size, have more energy, feel great! Or maybe you would like a copy of my e-book 30 Ways to Stay on Track – just the thing for extra motivation in your fitness journey.